Sunday, February 14, 2016

My daughters broken Heart

We had to get rid of my daughters cats. The 2 cats would not stop using the bathroom inside no matter what I tried. One cat liked to pee inside the closets or if all the closet doors were closed she would find a place behind something. The other cat had a favorite spot in the corner of the living room.  I would clean the carpet as soon as I discovered they had used the bathroom but the smell started to get bad inside the house.    I tried letting them outside as much as possible to help cut down on their accidents but it didn't help. 
   My husband bought new wood flooring for the house, we were finally going to get rid of that 1970s shag carpet.  I was so excited about the flooring then came the bad news... We have to get rid of the cats first. For months the flooring has sat stacked on my carport for months my husband has kept his word... I am not putting this flooring in until the cats are  gone. 
     A guy that he worked with wanted the cats to live on his farm and help keep the rodents out of his barn.  This was the best option for 2 grown cats so we agreed to allow him to take the cats. Little did I know just how horrible this would be for my daughter........
   
 
She is so heart broken and I do not not know how to help her understand.   My own heart breaks every time I look at her face and see her blood shot eyes.  She may never forgive me for this.   When she looks at me I know that she is hating me and I cant take it . I was supposed to protect her from this kind of pain. She trusted me to never let anyone hurt her and yet I failed to do that today.   I never want her heart to be broken again but sadly I know that this moment is just the beginning.  There is no feeling worse than knowing your child is hurting in a way you can not kiss away.

    I would be lying if I didn't say That I didn't hate my husband right now.  He was the one who made choice  arranged it all and gave the final demand that the cats must go and yet he is not the one sitting here with a broken hearted sobbing little girl in his lap.   He is patting himself on the shoulder thinking how proud he is of himself for standing his ground . He thinks he is a man but all I see when I look at him is a coward .   He should be the one comforting his daughter. He should be feeling guilty for breaking her heart.  

    If breaking my daughters heart can change how I look at my own husband a man I have been with for 17 years A man that I forgave for breaking my own heart  how will I feel when some random jackass teenager breaks her heart?   How will I control my own emotions enough to help her through?  Will I sit there sobbing right beside her like I am now?   How do I tell her that the worst feeling she has ever had will happen again and again in her life?   How do I tell her that loving something means you accept all the pain that might come along with it one day.

     I don't know what to say except I am sorry.  Inside my own heart is torn apart and I want to hate someone so much.    I want to say fuck you as I walk out to go get her cat back.  I want to say I don't give a shit about smells or floors I just want my daughter to be happy again.... I want her cats back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment